Christchurch TOP 10 is a popular destination for groups of all kinds needing to stay in the Garden City for events ranging from sporting tournaments to rallies, annual events, tours and more. Our facilities are a great fit for large groups, with many different accommodation options, plenty of space for parking and common use facilities such as the kitchens and dining rooms that are perfect for bringing your group together.
Many of our groups book with us several times a year, or return on an annual basis, as we provide an excellent solution that is conveniently located close to the city, the airport and local shopping centres and restaurants.
Our groups co-ordinator Sarah Rhodes is always happy to assist with answering any questions and helping your accommodation experience with us run smoothly.
To give you an idea of the different types of groups and events we accommodate at the park, we thought we would give you a sample from the last six months of group bookings.
Recent Group Bookings at Christchurch TOP 10
In the last six months we have seen a wide variety of group bookings come and go from the park. Some have stayed for just one night and others for the whole week.
One of our biggest weekends was the Volkswagen Club who stayed with us during Easter 2019. We had our back field filled with VWs of all vintages and models and it attracted many locals along for a look too.
This year rugby teams have been among our many regulars and we have hosted many teams of all ages for various sports tournaments. To mention a few of those who have stayed with us in 2019: Napier Old Boys Junior Rugby, Noosa U15 Rugby, Scone Rugby Club and St Pius Rugby Club.
School Sports Tournaments
We have also had our usual school sports teams here for tournament week. Some of the schools had fantastic results and even had games against each other. It made for a great atmosphere in the Park and all nine schools we had here were great sports and encouraging towards each other. Special mention goes to Hillcrest High School who took away second place in the football.
A Taste of Ireland
We were lucky enough to host the wonderful cast and crew of the show: ‘A Taste of Ireland’ who performed at the Isaac Theatre Royal. It's always fun to have groups of performers staying with us - they bring great energy and a different atmosphere to the Park during their stay.
Ice Hockey Teams
Ice Hockey has become a big one for us in recent years. Every year we have teams stay who are competing in the national league while they are playing in the city. We managed to catch a few of their games which were always fast paced and entertaining. Southern Stampede took out the grand final and ended up this year's champions.
Orana Park Zoofari
We are halfway through hosting schools for the Orana Park Zoofari Programme. This is a programme sponsored by The Warehouse for low decile schools. The Warehouse fund educational trips for all eligible schools from Christchurch, West Coast, Ashburton and Timaru. All of their transport, accommodation, dinner and lunch is included.
We are looking forward to hosting groups for the following events before the end of this year:
- The Greymouth Combined Choir
- Jump Jam Nationals
- Rock N Roll Championships
- Cup and Show Week (aka Bloom)
We're also looking forward to seeing what’s in store for 2020. (Already on the list are the Colgate Games, Secondary Schools Softball, Coast to Coast, Track and Field Champs, Badminton Masters Games and more.)
If you are an event organiser and need to book accommodation, please get in touch with us to find out if we can look after your requirements in Christchurch.
TOP 10 reasons to stay as a group
- Group rates – 10 people or more receive discounted rates when booking as a group.
- Flexibility – We know its hard organising large amounts of people and are happy to consider changes right up until your arrival date.
- Location – We are located close to a number of great restaurants, Northlands shopping mall and supermarkets. As we are reasonably central, most sports grounds and facilities are close to us too.
- The Lodge – Our group kitchen and dining area is specifically designed for cooking and catering to a large amount of people.
- Activities for the kids – Our park comes with all the fun things to do including an indoor swimming pool, adventure playground, jumping pillow, snookball, giant chess and indoor kids zone.
- Budget friendly – we have options for all types of budgets.
- Range of options – From basic to luxury, there is something suited to every group.
- Team bonding – An experience for everyone to get to know each other.
- Space for training – Make the most of our large field out the back for a warmup or some training.
- Easy booking process – We have a dedicated groups co-ordinator who is happy to provide quotes and everything you need when applying for funding.